Up Holland Community Hub
Food Bank –March 2022
With the help and support of many people in the Up Holland Community and local supermarkets the Up Holland Food bank is one year old and firmly established at the heart of Up Holland Village.
The Food Bank is located at St Thomas the Martyr Primary School and is open
Monday to Friday 8.45 – 11.15 within the entrance area.
To ensure the continued success and to meet the needs of local people we need your help.
- If you know of people who would benefit from support with food and household goods, please tell them about us and tell us about them.
- If getting to the Food Bank is a problem, we offer weekly box and bag deliveries.
- Donations of items such as tea, coffee, long life milk, tinned and packet foods, household cleaning and personal hygiene products are always welcome.
You can leave donations at the following locations:
- St Thomas the Martyr Church,
- Up Holland Methodist Church,
- St Thomas the Martyr
- Primary School,
- Up Holland Co-op store
Cash donations are also welcome – a donation box is held at the Food Bank.
- By volunteering
If you would like to volunteer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- By shopping at the Co-op
We are delighted that, from October 2021 until October 2022, we have been designated as a supported Local Cause under the Co-op Local Community Fund scheme. This means that, if you are a member of the Co-op and swipe or scan your membership card each time you shop, the Co-op will make a donation to the Food Bank. If you don’t have a card, please consider registering for one, which can be done on the Co-op website. Here’s how it works when you have a card:
- Go to www.coop.co.uk and log-in, then select ‘Choose a local cause’ from the menu and select Up Holland Community Hub Food Bank (see image below)
- Swipe your card (or app) at the till with each purchase whichever store you shop at.
- You will also gain 2p for every £1 you spend, from which you can either spend or donate.